Art Archiver. Images printed from Emails & ftp download folders. Emails archived with attachments, and items easily accessible!
Now Sierra & High Sierra compatible!
Download 60 Day free trial of Art Archiver (Downloads)
Art Archiver too complex for you? Running a one person operation?
Try it's cheaper, simpler brother, Art Archiver Secretary!
- 1. Art Archiver's all wrapped into one Disk Image App package (.dmg), which downloads into the Downloads folder, usually found in the right side of the Dock. This needs to be double clicked to expand it, and the Application Icon first needs to be dragged to the desktop, and also Double-Clicked. It then relocates itself, upon first opening, to the Applications folder, and adds a permanent Icon in the Dock. Once running, it runs 24/7. It contains an additional 11 embedded items. It will even replace a running copy of itself.
- 2. It places a Barcode128 font into the Fonts folder.
- 3. It places an Applescript ‘Art Archiver Caller’ into the Application Scripts folder.
- 4. It places an Applescript ‘ftp Downloader’ into the Folder Actions Scripts folder.
- 5. As it’s first installed, it creates a Mail Rule, and applies it to a User selected Inbox, or multiple Inboxes. If there's only one Inbox, it's selected by default.
- 6. It has six embedded signed Applications in an embedded ‘Scripts’ folder, which it calls and runs as needed.
- 7. One of the embedded Apps, ‘ftp Watcher’, runs pretty much all the time.
- 8. In the same folder, it contains three pdf’s, that it opens as requested, for information.
- 9. Art Archiver’s primary role is to take all incoming email, and print pretty much any and all attached Graphic files, at 100% Size, on a user selected sized sheet, with large images overlapping with a user set overlap on multiple page prints, with options.
- 10. It optionally adds two barcodes, and two English text dialogs, to each individual image. Each Barcode starts as unique to that email, and has a terminating unique-to-that-print-Job-within-the-email number.
- 11. When finished, it prints a ‘Cover Sheet’, on a smaller user selected sized sheet, that contains all necessary details, such as Company Name, Email DateTime Barcode, Email Sender, list of Attachments, list of opened zipped attachments, text contents of email, etc. This sheet is sent with the Jobs.
- 12. It saves the finished emails in a time dated mailbox, one for each day, each month, each year.
- 13. It saves all Clients details for later referral. A list of details of a user set number of emails is displayed. Clicking on one will open the email, and its saved data folder.
- 14. It saves all images, both before and after barcoding, to the local Mac, and an optional copy to a nominated server. It has a Utility App for finding and opening old emails and their folders.
- 15. It optionally uses the ftp Client ‘Interarchy’, to monitor folders on a remote Server, automatically downloads the folders after any items are added, and prints and stores them as for an email.
Optional Use Applications
- 16. Art Archiver has two extra Applications in a folder, in the embedded Scripts folder, this folder which optionally can be opened and the Applications copied.
- 17. One of those extra two Apps is for copying as many times as required, to any Workstations, that make up part of any manufacturing process that uses the printed images.
- 18. This app allows scanning of the printed barcode on the image sheet on commencement of work on any particular job, and at the end of the work. More than one Job can be in progress at once.
- 19. This App also selectively allows the entry of measurements of each job, in either inches or centimetres. Also, Manufacturing Material type can be selected from an editable list.
- 20. It allows a remote server such as in the Accountancy department, to be selected, and indicates the online status of that server.
- 21. If the server is online, it allows periodic saving of completed jobs to the server, saving the timing, measurements, and email and image sheet details. If errors occur, the job details are not lost.
- 22. It saves and displays sent completed jobs for 14 days, at each workstation.
- 23. If Accountancy access is selected, the main Art Archiver App also saves relevant data to the same Accountancy server FILE as the Workstations. It is irrelevant what order the information is stored in.
- 24. The second extra App is for the Accountancy Department, and assess's the transferred data, and displays an summation of each selected email (Total processed time, total processed Job area, if applicable), and offers a range of pre-prepared email layouts using that data, that will just need completion by the Accountancy Department.
- 25. One of the Workstation Applications can be nominated to indicate to Accountancy when any particular Email is complete, and the Email will be flagged with a Purple Circle to its right.
Running & Setting Up
- 26. When Art Archiver need another App to carry out anything, (such as Emailing Reports), it saves a .dat file to the desktop, with all necessary variables, calls the App to open, which reads the saved file, trashes it, carries out the work, and closes.
- 27. When certain other Apps are open, such as a Utility to set up Interarchy easily, or to set up up files for interaction with PitStop Pro (an Acrobat utility), Art Archiver halts processing while those Apps are open.
- 28. Two Apps run permanently, one that monitors optional Interarchy ftp downloading, and 'Art Archiver Item Printer' (this closes when Art Archiver closes),
- 29. Art Archiver also optionally sends detailed emailed reports and graphs of incoming Email and total printed Jobs. These can be any hour(s) of the day (start of GMT zero time day, to present hour), a single nominated hour that sums up the previous 24 hours data, a daily, weekly, monthly, and two yearly reports (day by day, & month by month) (all optional).
- 30. It also can optionally send error messages (wording as set up by Operator, logo added by Art Archiver), to Clients that submit problematic artwork, and also/only to the Public Relations Department (or whatever). An email list for Public Relations can be constructed
- 31. Every type of image that GraphicConverter can print can be optionally turned ON/OFF individually.
- 32. Art Archiver can be placed into a cancelable/renewable 10 minute Standby, and can re-process emails that are dropped onto a 're-cycle’ mailbox, (it only reprints the cover sheet).
- 33. Art Archiver requires TextEdit, Interarchy (optional), GraphicConverter, Quark (optional), Acrobat, PitStop Pro (Optional), InDesign (optional), Illustrator, Word, Excel, and of course, Mail.
- 34. Art Archiver installs itself as a Startup Item, and the running Mac should be set to open without requiring a Password, and to automatically re-start after a power failure. This ensures its constant unattended running. All you have to do its keep Paper & Ink up to the Printer, and collect the Printouts. (Read the documentation in the actual Application).
- 35. In any situation where constant running is essential, two printers should be used, one as a stand-by. By referring to the Small Paper Printer and the Large Paper Printer as variables in the Set-up Window, it's extremely quick to set up are spare stand-by Printers to the old variable names, and the Printing Applications just refer to the stand-by Printer by the same variable. No need to re-set every Printing Application to a new Printer. You just need to set a Printer Preset for each Application, matching whatever name you allocate to the Printer that prints the large sheets. That name should be allocated to either the normal Printer, or to the stand-by Printer, but not both. Same with the small sheet Printer. If your Printer prints both the large AND small sizes, two Printer Presets are set up, with different names, for the same Printer.