Art Archiver® Secretary. Images printed from Emails & ftp download folders. Emails archived with attachments, and items easily accessible!
Now Sierra & High Sierra compatible!
Want a bit more complexity? Want to barcode images? Save an Accountancy helper file? Plus more?
Art Archiver Secretary is Art Archivers limited, simpler, cheaper, smaller brother. It does everything Art Archiver does, with the exceptions of…
a) It does not print Barcodes on Printed Images, or on the Cover Sheet,
b) It does not offer to optionally backup to an external Server,
c) It does not offer, nor is able, to use the Accountancy App, or the Manufacturing Station App.
- 1. It’s all wrapped into one Disk Image App package (.dmg), which downloads into the Downloads folder, usually found in the right side of the Dock. This needs to be double clicked to expand it, and the Application Icon first needs to be dragged to the desktop, and also Double-Clicked. It then relocates itself, upon first opening, to the Applications folder, and adds a permanent Icon in the Dock. Once running, it runs 24/7. It contains an additional 9 embedded items. It will even replace a running copy of itself.
- 2. It places an Applescript ‘Art Archiver Caller’ into the Application Scripts folder.
- 3. It places an Applescript ‘ftp Downloader’ into the Folder Actions Scripts folder.
- 4. As it’s first installed, it creates a Mail Rule, and applies it to a User selected Inbox, or multiple Inboxes. If there's only one Inbox, it's selected by default.
- 5. It has four embedded signed Applications in an embedded ‘Scripts’ folder, which it calls and runs as needed.
- 6. One of the embedded Apps, ‘ftp Watcher’, runs pretty much all the time.
- 7. In the same folder, it contains three pdf’s, that it opens as requested, for information.
- 8. Art Archiver Secretary’s primary role is to take all incoming email, and print pretty much any and all attached Graphic Files, at 100% size, on a user selected sized sheet, with large images overlapping with a user set overlap on multiple page prints.
- 9. When finished, it prints a ‘Cover Sheet’, on a smaller user selected sized sheet, that contains all necessary details, such as Company Name, Email Sender, list of Attachments, list of opened zipped attachments, text contents of email, etc. If you're a sole operator, and work in the front office, with your email computer out the back, make that computer a Mac, install a wireless printer in the front office, and Art Archiver Secretary will notify you immediately an email arrives by printing at least the cover sheet.
- 10. It saves the finished emails in a time dated mailbox, one for each day, each month, each year.
- 11. It saves all Clients details for later referral. A list of details of a user set number of emails is displayed. Clicking on one will open the email, and its saved data folder.
- 12. It saves all images as backups to the local Mac. It has a Utility App for finding and opening old emails and their folders.
- 13. It optionally uses the ftp Client ‘Interarchy’, to monitor folders on a remote Server, automatically downloads the folders after any items are added, and prints and stores them as for an email.
Running & Setting Up
- 14. When Art Archiver Secretary needs another App to carry out anything, (such as Emailing Reports), it saves a .dat file to the desktop, with all necessary variables, calls the App to open, which reads the saved file, trashes it, carries out the work, and closes.
- 15. When certain other Apps are open, such as a Utility to set up Interarchy easily, or to set up up files for interaction with PitStop Pro (an Acrobat utility), Art Archiver halts processing while those Apps are open.
- 16. Two Apps run permanently, one that monitors optional Interarchy ftp downloading, and 'Art Archiver Item Printer' (this closes when Art Archiver closes),
- 17. Art Archiver Secretary also optionally sends detailed emailed reports and graphs of incoming Email and total printed Jobs. These can be any hour(s) of the day (start of GMT zero time day, to present hour), a single nominated hour that sums up the previous 24 hours data, a daily, weekly, monthly, and two yearly reports (day by day, & month by month) (all optional).
- 18. It also can optionally send error messages (wording as set up by Operator, logo added by Art Archiver), to Clients that submit problematic artwork, and also/only to the Public Relations Department (or whatever). An email list for Public Relations can be constructed
- 19. Every type of image that GraphicConverter can print can be optionally turned ON/OFF individually.
- 20. Art Archiver Secretary can be placed into a cancelable/renewable 10 minute Standby, and can re-process emails that are dropped onto a 're-cycle’ mailbox, (it optionally only reprints the cover sheet).
- 21. Art Archiver Secretary requires TextEdit, Interarchy (optional), GraphicConverter, Quark (optional), Acrobat, PitStop Pro (Optional), InDesign (optional), Illustrator, Word, Excel, and of course, Mail.
- 22. Art Archiver Secretary installs itself as a Startup Item, and the running Mac should be set to open without requiring a Password, and to automatically re-start after a power failure. This ensures its constant unattended running. All you have to do its keep Paper & Ink up to the Printer, and collect the Printouts. (Read the documentation in the actual Application).
- 23. In any situation where constant running is essential, two printers should be used, one as a stand-by. By referring to the Small Paper Printer and the Large Paper Printer as variables in the Set-up Window, it's extremely quick to set up are spare stand-by Printers to the old variable names, and the Printing Applications just refer to the stand-by Printer by the same variable. No need to re-set every Printing Application to a new Printer. You just need to set a Printer Preset for each Application, matching whatever name you allocate to the Printer that prints the large sheets. That name should be allocated to either the normal Printer, or to the stand-by Printer, but not both. Same with the small sheet Printer. If your Printer prints both the large AND small sizes, two Printer Presets are set up, with different names, for the same Printer.
- If you should decide you want to upgrade to the full Art Archiver, the more extensive Application will just run in Art Archiver Secretary's place. You just need to set a few extra items in the SetUp page!